Sep 22, 2010

StageSceneLA's Best of 2009-10 Awards

Los Angeles–area theatre reviewer Steven Stanley recently announced his 2009-10 Stage Scene LA awards and generously named me "Musical Theater Star of the Year" (!) for my portrayals of Curly in OKLAHOMA!, Byron Prong in FADE OUT/FADE IN and my 6-character turn as Dr. Orin Scrivello and others in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. I ran into Steven at Monday night's launch of the Musical Theatre Guild's 15th Anniversary Season and when I thanked him for his award, he said he owed me an apology for not including my roles in 1776 (Dr. Lyman Hall) or HIGH SPIRITS (Charles Condomine).
It amazes me that Steven saw each of those shows and attends scores more, about which he writes throughout the year. Thank you again, Steven and thanks for your enthusiastic support of the LA theatre scene!