Saturday, September 15, 2012
3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Dean Mora's 10-piece 1920s band returns to the Homestead Museum for Southern California's only all-1920s festival.Celebrate the Roaring Twenties at the Homestead Museum's annual "Ticket to the Twenties" and enjoy dance demonstrations and lessons, silent film screenings with live musical accompaniment, ukulele sing-a-longs and lessons, crafts, music, games, vintage automobiles, historic house tours, and tasty food!
Here's a sample from last year's festival: fellow vocalist Kayre Morrison sings "Campus Capers" as dance troupe "The Hollywood Hotshots" entertains the crowd.
• Dean Mora & His Modern Rhythmists with emcee Maxwell DeMille
• Janet Klein and her Parlor Boys
• Fashion shows coordinated by costumer extraordinaire Natalie Meyer
• Food trucks: Bakery Truck, Border Grill, Dogtown Dogs, Frysmith, Tropical Shave Ice
• 1920s dress is encouraged and Prohibition will be strictly enforced!
• Bring your own lawn chairs or blankets, but please leave little Fido at home (only certified service animals are permitted at the festival).